Sunday, January 6, 2013

Tis a New Year

The greatest wonder of life came when I saw the surgeon who placed within me a new heart.
The greatest understanding of life came to me post transplant.
The realization that I was more than any illness was exhilarating.
The greatest strength of existence came through healing and benevolence.
So it is, with this God given grace, I live to see another year, 2013.

So, I say, for those who deal with illness, pain, or act as caretakers there is grace to persevere.
It is a new year.

I wish to remind all that ours is not a tired, forsaken, or hopeless world. In fact, it is a world crying for direction, leadership, and education. How many times have we thrown up our hands in defeat only to get back up and try again? And, with every new attempt comes another triumph.
                                 Perseverance, secret of all triumphs."  Victor Hugo

Think of this new year as the year with much to do. To begin to consider the wonders of your life. To begin to understand much and on many levels. To remember to realize what you are capable of. To ask for, gain, and achieve strength through healing and benevolence. To know that it is important for each to assist with direction, leadership, and education in this world.

We have the God given grace to do it in 2013.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with your comment...to the new year....wishing innocence, magic, rational thought , kindness, and lessening the importance in self....for we grow stronger in the caring for others.
\