Sunday, January 27, 2013

That weight issue

With only one week left in January, I thought I would be remiss if I didn't mention diets. We are all perpetually on one! Christmas, with all the cookies and treats, causes those pounds to accumulate and before you know it, there's an extra 10 pounds! It's sure easier to gain it than to lose it.

Here's a cheer: you can do it! You can slowly take those pounds off. If you need a little extra support, call your coach. He/she has endless ways to motivate and hold your hand as you say no to that piece of cake and yes to the gym. Don't forget that you can even use your TV, as cable and on demand provide every type of exercise. For me, the hardest part is coming off the sugar. So, I bought a yoga mat and a kettlebell to help me. The yoga is to relax me in the midst of that strong desire for sugar, and the kettlebell is to help with some twisting and muscle building. Remember that building muscle creates an appetite, so you will need plenty of protein.

So, get creative with your cooking. Make your exercise program fun. And, be kind to yourself. No matter how much you weigh, you are beautiful. I propose that your tell yourself that a least 10 times per day, "I am beautiful!" Or, "I am handsome!" That sure is a nice thing to hear, is it not?

As you head into the last week of January, the weight issue a mere passing thought, continue with your plan to make 2013 your best year yet!

No comments: