Sunday, July 17, 2011

Question of the Week: What gets you motivated?

Hello,
I am very excited about the opportunity to share thoughts and ideas on my new blog. I believe blogging is a great way to share experiences and discuss issues that are important about ourselves, our loved ones, and our friends.  I hope you will join me and share whatever you wish in an effort to effect communication, learning, and growth.

I would like to start this journey by having a "Question of the Week."  Please feel free to suggest questions for the upcoming weeks.

To start, the question of the week is:
                                                           What gets you motivated?




For me, there's a few things:
1.  A PopTart and a cup of coffee in the morning(don't tell my heart surgeon).
2.  A nice brisk walk with some Rolling Stones songs to 'Start Me Up,' or some Bob Dylan lyrics to ponder.
3.  Self talk for days in advance about the reason I need the motivation.
4.  And, most importantly, a conversation with my higher source.

How about you? Do tell...

4 comments:

Toz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
coachjen said...

I get motivated when I see a "light at the end of the tunnel." Even if it's just a faint glimmer of hope - that's all I need to get off my duff and into action.

CoachPam said...

Hi Michelle - what a great question! I get motivated by a walk in nature, listening to favorite songs on my Ipod and a breakfast of gluten free toast and blueberries - you know that pop tarts are not my "thing"

Cathy Priest said...

A good nights sleep, a good morning run, and lots of coffee. By then I have the problems of the day under control.